Despite your best intentions, accidents do happen and if the accident is as a result of something your business has done then a client, contractor, or member of the public can claim against your business for compensation. Your public liability can be triggered by something as simple as spilling a drink over a client’s computer, or a contractor slipping on a wet surface in your office incurring injury or damage.
What this policy offers :
- Covers you when you have to pay compensation because a client, contractor or member of the public is injured and your business is at fault
- Covers you when you have to pay for damages caused to third party property and your business is at fault
- Pays legal fees spent in defending a claim
If your business activity involves sale, supply, service or manufacture of products, you are responsible for the quality of such products and any liability that may arise from such products once these are sold and/or delivered. Essentially, you are legally responsible for any damage that such products cause to the customers of such products.
Product liability insurance is designed to protect the business from claims resulting from accidental death/bodily injury or accidental damage to property belonging to a third party caused by nature or condition of any product manufactured, constructed, erected, sold, supplied, and/or serviced by you and/or your employees while engaged in the business
What this policy offers :
- Flexible options to extend your territory of cover.
- Multi-locations can be covered under one single policy.
- Can be extended to include Product Recall.
Directors & Officers Liability
D&O insurance protects corporate directors and officers in the event they are personally sued — often in addition to the company being sued — by investors, employees, vendors, competitors, and customers, among other parties. The insurance is just another means of protecting small business interests through specific types of small business insurance coverage that protects directors and officers by covering legal fees, settlements, and other costs. Addtionally, the coverage sometimes can extend to protect the company if it is named in a suit, as well.
When a firm expands and takes on a new manager or director, in many cases, they will demand D&O coverage as a condition of serving or employment because they want to be protected and have their personal assets protected. In a lawsuit happy climate its just smart business. Directors and officers are sued for a wide variety of reasons. They could be sued for providing inaccurate or unlawful advice, fraud and malfeasance, misrepresentation of company assets, failure to comply with workplace laws, and others. Simply making a poor hiring decision of a new employees employee could expose directors or officers to employment practices legal issues
Transport & Cargo Handling Liability
Transport & Cargo Liability cover provides protection to logistics professionals who have involvement in the handling, storage and movement of cargo against claims from third parties or customers. This includes liabilities that may arise out of national law, international conventions or contract.
The policies are specifically designed to cover
- Freight Forwarders.
- Multi-Modal Transport Operators .
- Non-Vessel Operating Carriers .
- Warehouse Operators; .
- Road Hauliers.
- Customs Agents Cover extends to include.
- Physical loss or damage to cargo in your care and control.
- hird Party Legal Liability.
- Consequential loss arising from the loss or damage to cargo.
- Unrecoverable cargo’s contribution to general average.
- Liability to an authority.
- Liability for error and omissions;.
- Defence Costs.
As dependency on data continues to rise, reliance on technology increases for organizations of all sizes and industries. Increased vulnerability to network intrusions, data loss and system failures can result in business interruption, damage to reputation and loss of revenue…risks far beyond “cyber.”